Sunday, June 22, 2008

We have arrived in Amsterdam

Well, we made it here safe and sound and relatively problem free.   We were all at the airport bright and early Saturday, unless you don't consider 4:30 a.m. early.  We sure did.  Everyone's baggage and all the bell cases were at or under the 50 lb. limit.  We arrived in Atlanta to have our 4 hour layover then off to Amsterdam.  Janie, who was coming up from Florida, was delayed so missed our flight.  She got here late but we connected with her this afternoon.  Our bus went back to the airport at noon to pick up the group from England and Karen so all are here safe and sound.  Janie has no luggage as she had to come by an alternate route as well as change airlines.  We are hopeful that it will arrive tomorrow.

We have a wonderful tour director and bus driver.  They took us on a driving tour of Amsterdam then to the Van  Gogh museum and lunch.  After they had picked up the group that came in via England we drove around a little more then most of the group took a short walking tour.  Some of us stayed on the bus to rest.   Then off to the airport again to get Janie, then off to our hotel which is a 15 minute drive outside of the city.  

The gals who ring the upper bells met to rehearse a bit so Kelli and Erika could get up to speed with us.  Then we had dinner at the hotel. Then back to our rooms for the night.  Roy and I proceeded to fall asleep.  I woke up again so am doing this post now and have downloaded today's pictures.  I will include a few of them then sign off and get to bed.  We have a day of sight seeing tomorrow, no concerts so don't have to be up too early.  


Dan said...

I am glad you all made it there safe and sound. I wish I was there with you all, and I miss my bunni terribly, but the dogs are very happy that I am not.

At least the weather here in KC MO has been awesome... low to mid 80s with no humidity. Nice enough in fact that I actually did something that should make Kelli very happy - I bought and spread 6 yards of red mulch!

To put 6 yards into perspective, it came in medium sized dump truck and took me about 6 hours of solid work to get it all spread out using a shovel, rack, and wheelbarrow. I split it up 4 hours yesterday and 2 hours this morning... but at least that chore is done now.

Anyway, please give my love, hugs, and kisses (as appropriate) to everyone. And good luck with your first concert!

Janet Pony Lady said...

I am glad you all arrived safely. Have a wonderful time
I can not see any downloaded pictures........